Sushi lover ends up with his entire body riddled with WORMS

It is the most expensive – and many would argue delicious – part of a sushi menu.

But one man’s love of sashimi nearly killed him after it led to his body becoming riddled with tapeworm.

The Chinese man had gone to his doctor complaining of stomach ache and itchy skin.

To his horror, scans revealed his entire body had been infected with tapeworm after eating too much sashimi – raw slices of fish.

11111111111

His love for sashimi nearly caused his own demise as tapeworms took over his body.

22222222222

He had a stomach ache and his skin itched. He went to the doctor and got scanned, only to discover his whole body was madly infested with tapeworm parasites from eating too many raw slices of fish.

It is believed that some of the uncooked sushi was contaminated. This is what doctors at the Guangzhou No. 8 People’s Hospital in Guangdong Province, in eastern China determined after treating the man.

It’s been long known that consuming raw or even under cooked fish is a recipe for potential parasitic infection. If you ingest the larvae of diphyllobothrium, found in freshwater fish like salmon, tapeworm infections can occur. Even eating marinated and smoked fish can put you at risk for worm transmission.

It’s always been strange how the sushi trend has taken off as it has, knowing the risks of raw fish consumption. Most of the time there hasn’t been a problem except in poorer areas where sanitation was not the best. But those conditions have improved, while ironically it seems that now more developed countries are beginning to experience the ill effects of raw fish consumption.

What’s causing this latest trend? Likely the trend of sushi itself. It has become so popular that increased varieties are being offered and the risk factor for contamination is rising. Nancy Craig is an author of a study written in the journal, Canadian Family Physician, regarding this trend. She explains further:

“The widespread popularity of Japanese sushi and sashimi (slices of raw fish) is a contributor. But other popular dishes might also be implicated, such as raw salted or marinated fillets – which originate from Baltic and Scandinavian countries – carpaccio – very thin slices of raw fish common in Italy, raw salmon and ceviche – lightly marinated fish.”

The results of eating uncooked food with tapeworm eggs in it can lead to cysticercosis. This is where the adult worms work their way right into the person’s blood stream! It can then reach the brain and your life could be over.

3333333333333

Eating raw and undercooked fish can lead to parasitic infections according to research studies.

444444444444

Tapeworm egg infested food that is uncooked can lead to cysticercosis when consumed. This can be fatal as the adult worms get into the bloodstream.

Add Comment

comments