Here at Going Viral, we love to share the latest DIY remedies and cleaning solutions. From baking soda to hydrogen peroxide, the items you have around your house can be used in all kinds of new and surprising ways. Sometimes, though, it’s the items we find at the store that surprise us the most. There’s one store-bought cleaning product that we’ve been in love with lately. After all, with a name like “magic,” you know it has to be good.
Magic Erasers are cleaning products made up of melamine foam. They’re extremely effective when it comes to removing stains and smudges thanks to their fine, porous surface. Think of them as a cross between a sponge and sandpaper. Tough enough for the hardest jobs yet gentle enough that they won’t scratch anything. Many people don’t realize how many uses there are for this “magic” piece of cleaning equipment. Check out the images below to learn 19 unexpected ways you can use Magic Erasers around your house. (P.S. – The generic brand works just fine.)
If you’ve ever taken a stroll down the cleaning aisle, you probably recognize one of these.
Magic Erasers can be used to tackle a wide range of tasks that you might not expect.
1. Revitalize your sneakers. A Magic Eraser with a little bit of water on it goes a long way when it comes to making scuffed up soles look brand new again.
2. Speaking of scuffs, buff them out of your floor with a handy Magic Eraser.
3. Accidentally swat a bug against your wall? Magic Erasers can get rid of that too.
4. Make your door hinges shine again by getting rid of any old, dry paint.
5. With as much time as our phones spend against our faces and in our pockets, it only makes sense that they’d get a little dirty. Power down your phone and scrub away!
Continue NEXT PAGE to see more