Amazing Benefits Of Sleeping On Your Left Side
Most people know that sleep is important when it comes to maintaining a good physical and mental wellbeing. However, not many people have given much thought to HOW they sleep. Did you know that the position you sleep in, is just as important as the the duration of your sleep?
Your sleeping position can even influence your health, it can help to keeping your skin looking young and healthy, and improve digestion.
Which side do you sleep on?
- Sleeping on the LEFT has some amazing healthy benefits, and it can even save lives.
- If you sleep on your BACK this can cause breathing difficulties, and it can be quite dangerous for people with asthma or sleep apnea.
- If you sleep on your RIGHT side this is likely to worsen digestive problems.
7 Reasons You Should Try Sleeping On The Left
- Facilitate lymphatic drainage
- Makes it easier for the heart to pump downhill
- Better elimination
- Support healthy spleen function
- Encourages proper digestion
- Helps circulation back to the heart
- Helps bile flow more freely
Doctors can vouch that the left side of your body is completely different to the right side.
Watch Dr John Doulliard talk about the benefits here:
If you usually sleep on your front, back or your right side, you may be wondering how to break that habit. It is possible to train your body to do something different, here’s how:
Lay on your left side and press a full-length body pillow up against your back (this will stop you from rolling over at night).
Switch the side of the bed you sleep on, this will make the experience more enjoyable as your body will naturally want to turn away from the light during sleep
Try these small changes to improve your sleep routine and your overall health….
If you found this post useful don’t forget to SHARE this with your friends and family on Facebook.