Have you ever known a left handed person? I myself am right-handed and have no problem finding all of the products that I need because most are geared towards the right hand, but I have known lefties and they seem to struggle a little with some everyday tasks. However, they also tend to be more independent because they have spent their whole lives adapting to this right handed world that we live in. For that reason, let’s get to know these lefties a little more. Here are some fascinating facts:
1. BETWEEN 5-10% OF THE POPULATION ARE LEFT-HANDED.
2. LEFTIES ARE THREE TIMES MORE LIKELY TO BECOME ALCOHOLICS.
3. THEY MOSTLY USE THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE BRAIN.
4. THEY REACH PUBERTY BETWEEN 4-5 MONTHS LATER THAN OTHERS.
5. THEY ARE GOOD AT BASEBALL, TENNIS, SWIMMING, AND BOXING. UP TO 40% OF THE BEST TENNIS PLAYERS ARE LEFTIES.
6. 4 OUT OF 7 OF OUR RECENT PRESIDENTS HAVE BEEN LEFT-HANDED.
7. COLLEGE GRADUATES WHO ARE LEFT-HANDED BECOME 26% RICHER THAN RIGHT-HANDED ONES.
8. Back in the day, if you were left-handed you might have been accused of having a nasty habit, the mark of the devil, a sign of neurosis, being rebellious and capable of criminality and/or being homosexual. Sometimes, however, it indicated creativity and musical abilities.
Continue NEXT PAGE to see more